Car rides, especially long ones, are not the most fun activities you can be in. That is why you need a distraction, something to keep you occupied. Lucky for all of us, there are numerous entertainment means to enjoy. We can listen to music, to the radio or CDs, but the fast advancement of technology brought new means to keep us busy. Clearly, I am not talking about the driver here, but the people sitting in the back can watch a movie in the backseat. I know that is not news to you. DVDs have been around for a while now, but thanks to tablets and portable DVD players, you can now transform the back of your car into a mini cinema. I am talking about a headrest DVD player, and it has shortened car rides.
I think it is an extremely useful device. Keeping busy while on the road is not easy. Some people cannot read in a moving vehicle, and music is not as interesting as it used to be. We needed something more. Not to mention that kids are a lot quieter in the backseat than they were before the headrest DVD player appeared. To be honest, I think that children watch more cartoons in the backseat than adults see movies.
The advantages of owning a headrest DVD player
I already believe that the headrest DVD player is an excellent way to stay busy while in the car, but my task here is to convince other people of what I think. That being said, here are a few of the advantages.
- It is very useful on road trips – traveling is fun and exciting. However, the way to your destination may be not. That is why a headrest DVD player is useful. If you cannot read in a moving car (like me,) and you are bored with music, watching a movie is the best thing you could do in the backseat. I do not know about you, but when I go on road trips, my friends and I take turns when we drive. Whenever it is my turn to be in the backseat, I just put on a movie and doze off a little bit. It much more relaxing that way.
- You can keep your kids quiet – having the children in the car is not always fun and games. They can be very loud, and sometimes they tease eachother. Parents usually hate that. But if you install a headrest DVD player in the back of your car and put in a cartoon, they kids will be quiet. Many people believe that there is too much technology for children. They are right, no doubt about it. But when you have three kids, and you have to commute for an hour every single day, that technology starts to sound very good. I am not encouraging parents to give in, but you need a break sometimes. A cartoon will provide that for you.
- Two will keep your kids from fighting – not all kids have the same preferences, especially when there is a relatively big age difference between them. That is why two of the best headrest DVD players will come in handy. Each of them will be able to watch what they love, and you can drive peacefully to where you have to get. Simple as that.
How to choose the best headrest DVD player?
When it comes to electronics, there are so many that you can barely make a choice. You get confused in all kinds of technical specifications. However, there are a few things that you should consider before making a purchase. Making a random decision may be something that you regret. So here is what you should look for.
- Size – ideally, you want to choose something big enough so that you or your kids can see. You can go as big as 10 inches, but a smaller screen can work as well in certain situations. Just make sure that you do not go lower than 8 or 7.
- Mount – not all headrest DVD players come with a mounting bracket. Sometimes you have to buy that separately. However, try to go for one that has a mount first. If you do not find something you like, only then go for something that comes without. A mount is not expensive, but it is a lot better when you receive it with the DVD player, is it not?
- Input – the more, the better. That is what I always say. You should be able to play videos from a USB stick, CDs, and DVDs. You do not have to be bound to a single format. It can be frustrating at times. What if you do not find the DVD with a particular cartoon, but you can find it online?
- Batteries – this is one of the most important aspects. You need your DVD player to last as long as possible. Fortunately, when it comes to batteries, technology has gone a long way, and you can find DVD player that last for hours. Anything that has a battery life of over three hours is the best, but that also depends on what you can afford. The longer the battery lasts, the more expensive the player is.
- Adapters – since you will be using the DVD player in the car, it should come with a car charger. You can find them for purchase separately, but I think that it is common sense for manufacturers to add one to the package and included in the price.
- Swivel screen – I find that feature very useful. It is a DVD player, after all. It must have controls somewhere. A headrest DVD player looks very much like a regular DVD player, which means it looks like a mini laptop. The controls are on the bottom half. When you want to place the DVD player in the mount, you need to be able to fold the device, something for which it needs a swiveling screen. Also, depending on the mount, that feature comes in handy when you want to direct the screen towards left or right. However, keep in mind that not all headrest DVD players look alike. Some look like a tablet, which means they do not need to swivel. But they are more expensive too.
What are the best headrest DVD players?
That is one of the most difficult questions you can ask at this moment. Electronics come in large numbers, and headrestDVD players make no exception. So if you have any trouble in finding the best headrest DVD player, here are three suggestions that I think you will like.
eRapta Headrest DVD Player
The headrest DVD player from eRapta is a 10.1-inch device that is a delight on the backseat. As far as size goes, this is one of the largest available screens you can get ona tablet-like device. For that reason, the resolution of the screen is excellent at 1080 pixels. You can watch movies at the highest quality a headrest DVD player can provide.
This product is very popular among buyers, and it is easy to see why. It can provide an excellent means of entertainment for both adults and children. The device can be connected using the HDMI port, the SD slot or the USB port. Not only that, but it has a disc loading drive in the back. The controls are digital, and one of the best things is that it does not have a bottom half. The device resembles a tablet, which makes it usable at home as well.
One of the best features of this DVD player is that you can enable game mode. That provides a new means of entertainment in the car, and that is playing video games. If your children are big enough to handle that, and if they get bored with the cartoons, you can put in a game and let them play while you drive quietly.
The eRapta DVD player is very easy to use. You can easily install it in the car using a mounting bracket that comes with the package. The mount must be installed between the headrest and the backrest of the front seat. Once that is on, simply insert the plastic support in the mount. The whole thing should last a few minutes. Unfortunately, this device must be plugged in at all times to function. However, you get an adapter for both your car and home, so that is not an issue. The package also includes are remote control. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
NaviSkauto 9-Inch Portable DVD/CD player
The device from NaviSkauto looks like a regular portable DVD player, but it comes with an accessory that allows you to use it in the car as a headrest DVD player. The screen is a 9-inch with a screen resolution of 800×480. The panel swivels 270ºso you can adjust it just the way you like. It has a sturdy construction made with high-quality materials. The super electronic shock resistance protects the device and makes it durable.
Unlike the previous product, this one comes with a 2600 mAh lithium battery that can last up to 5 hours. You can enjoy 2 movies, or your kids could watch cartoons the whole trip. After the battery is out, just use the cigarette charger and charge the battery again. Make sure to unplug the device once the battery is full. Otherwise, you may ruin the battery cells.
The NaviSkauto has many features that you will love. It can play DVDs, and you can even insert CDs to listen to your favorite music. You can also insert an SD card, a USB stick or an MMC card. The dual speakers will provide satisfactory sound, but it would be best if you usedheadphones. It depends on how silent your car is. The ‘last memory’ feature will resume the playback right where you left off the last time. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
DBPOWER 9-Inch Portable DVD Player for Kids
This product does not come with a mount for the car’s headrest, but you can purchase one for approximately 20 dollars. I chose this product because it is specially made for kids. It comes in baby pink with a princess on it, or in blue with a bear. It is ideal for children who spend more time in the car. It will keep your children distracted, and you will be able to enjoy a quiet and peaceful drive.
The battery is high-capacity. The 2500 mAh lithium battery provides 3 hours of function. Once the battery is empty, you can simply use the car charger and recharge it again. The device supports multiple multi-media formats. You can insert a CD or a DVD, a USB stick, and there is also an SD card slot. The screen swivels 270º, and it can do an 180º flip. That way you can easily put it in a headrest mount.
The device is very easy to use. The controls are simple, and the remote control can be used by children as well. The DVD player comes with a ‘last memory’ feature that will allow you to pick up the cartoon from where you kids left off. Overall, this is an excellent product that is worth its value. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
When it comes to electronics, making a choice is not the easiest thing to do. However, there are a few features that make a device your favorite. As far as I am concerned, the NaviSkauto 9-Inch Portable DVD/CD player is one of the best headrest DVD players on the market. It has a long lasting battery, it is shock resistant, and the screen is big enough to satisfy my preferences.
The first time I saw a headrest DVD player was in a cab. At first, I did not think it is very useful, but then I got to think about it as a means against boredom during long trips. That is when I saw its real value. Hopefully, you can see its significance as well and purchase one. Whatever product you choose, you will not regret it. Click here to buy on Amazon
- The Benefits of Best in Car Dvd Player
- Best Dvd Player for Car Secrets That No One Else Knows About
- The One Thing to Do for Car Headrest Monitor
- Shortcuts to Headrest Dvd Player for Car That Only the Experts Know
- Choosing Headrest Car Dvd Player
- Things You Should Know About Portable Headrest Dvd Player
- How to Choose in Car Dvd Player Headrest
- Dual Dvd Player for Car Reviews & Guide
- If You Read Nothing Else Today, Read This Report on Tv Headrest
- Details of Dvd Headrest Player
- Life, Death, and Best Car Dvd Player
- The Never Before Told Story on Dvd Player Headrest That You Must Read or Be Left Out
- Unanswered Issues With Portable Car Dvd Player Exposed
- Top Dvd Player Car Tips!
- New Step by Step Roadmap for Car Dvd Headrest
- The Most Neglected Fact Regarding Car Seat Dvd Player Exposed
- One of the Most Neglected Options for Dual Car Dvd Player
- New Ideas Into Headrest Tv Never Before Revealed
- Buying Dual Headrest Dvd Player
- Why Everyone Is Dead Mistaken About Portable Dvd Player for Car Headrest and Why You Should View This Article
- Top Guide of Dvd Player for Car Headrest
- Rumored Hype on Car Dvd Player Headrest Revealed
- Headrest Monitors – an in Depth Anaylsis on What Works and What Doesn’t
- Brief Article Teaches You the Ins and Outs of Dvd Headrest and What You Should Do Today
- The Foolproof Headrest Dvd Strategy
- Details of Car Headrest Dvd Player
- The Most Ignored Fact Regarding in Car Dvd Player Uncovered
- The Awful Secret of Twin Screen in Car Dvd Player
- Secret Techniques for Headrest Dvd Player That Only the Experts Know
- The Headrest Screens Cover Up
- The True Story About in Car Dvd System That the Experts Don’t Want You to Hear
- The Dvd Car Headrest Cover Up
- Dual in Car Dvd Player Fundamentals Explained
- Top Car Dvd Player Price Tips!
- What You Don’t Know About Dvd Player for Car